Plum dumplings

Plum dumplings

My first attempt to make plum dumplings ended in a small desaster. I used a kilo of flour (you had to use only 100g) and the dough was just too sticky to form dumplings from it. So I had to trow it in the trash. That was 4 years ago. At that time I comforted with the idea that I cannot make dumplings. In the meantime, I've decided to give the dumplings another chance. I researched a bit, have read various recipes (and there are many variants) and then tried it again. And it worked. And here is the recipe


You need:


For the potato dough:
For the filling:
500 g floury potatoes
10 plums
150 g flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp oil
For the filling:
a pinch of salt
10 plums

+ butter
100 g bread crumbs
5 tbsp Sugar

Ingredients plum dumplings


What do you need to do:

In a bowl, mix 3 tbsp sugar with cinnamon. Wash the plums, dry, cut in half and remove the seed. Sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture and set aside.


Boil potatoes with skin. Let them cool slightly, peel and mash. Add oil, flour, a pinch of salt and eggs and process to dough. If the dough is too sticky and not shape-able, add a little more flour.


Take approximately 1-2 tablespoons of dough and wrap the plum in it.


Give in boiling salted water (not all at once). When they come to the surface (which takes between 5 to 10 minutes) they are ready. Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon, and let them drain.

boil plum dumplings

Heat butter in a pan and fry the breadcrumbs. Add 4 tbsp of sugar and stir well. Roll the plum dumplings in the breadcrumbs.


You can serve the dumplings warm or cold. If you want, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar.

Plum dumplings
Plum dumplings

Next time I'll try my mother's recipe. Actually it is not much different, only the preparation of the dough is a little different. I will of course share the recipe with you.

No comments