Sour cherry liqueur



As you can still find sour cherries to buy, I thought it is time to show you the recipe for homemade cherry liqueur. I made this liqueur 2 years ago, but I didn’t manage to publish the recipe until now. I don’t want to wait another year, so I publish today. As you just notice, today I have no inspiration for a better introduction. I just repeat myself. Sometimes this happens 🙈. Another thing I can say about the recipe: it's a family recipe - I got it from my grandma. So, now I leave you with the recipe, it just does not get any better.

You need:

2 kg sour cherries
1 kg of sugar
1 l corn schnapps
You get: 2 liter
Preparation time: 40 min
Infusing time: 4-5 weeks


This is how we proceed:

Wash the cherries well. Place a layer of sour cherry in a large jar and cover with sugar. Precede exactly the same with the remaining cherries and sugar until everything is used up.



Cover the jar with a clean, thin cloth (so that no insects slip in) and let it ferment in the sun for 2-3 weeks. Shake the jar from time to time.





After this time, add the alcohol and leave to infuse another 2 weeks.





After this time the liqueur can be served.



No comments